Friday, September 7, 2012

Bradley's Reading Bucket List

Listed below are ten books that I feel spike my interest and therefore I would like to read.

  1. Blade 1: Enemies - by Tim Bowler: I am currently reading the "Blade" series and can truly say that this series has caught my attention. The series is about a crazy kid who's good with a knife and just trying to make it on his own. The author of this series reminds me of Darren Shan in the sense of a pre-teen boy who becomes a man. I plan on reading all of this series in the future.
  2. The Maze Runner - by James dashner: The main reason that I would like to read this book is because last winter my cousin was reading it and wouldn't put that book down for nothing, so I know it has to be a good book. I did a little research (googled) about the book and it seemed like an interesting book, I would love to have a go at this one.
  3. Friday Night Lights - by H.G. Bissinger: This book has a large significance to me, in a way like no other. I have not only seen the movie, but played football for 8 years. Just the name "Friday Night Lights" sticks out to me like crazy. I would enjoy reading this book and comparing it to my life.
  4.  Harry Potter: The Sorcerers Stone - by J.K. Rowling: At a young age Harry Potter was getting pretty big, but I wasn't quite as interested in it as everyone else, maybe because I just wasn't into magic or a boy running around twirling a wand. Never the less I have been persuaded to the magic side and have seen some of the movies and would like to read a few of the books in this series.
  5. Vladamir Tod: Eighth Grade Bites - by Heather Brewer: In the 10th grade I began to read the first book of this series and could not get into it. After awhile to think, I have realized that I would like to read this series and follow the tales of young Vladamir. As a high school er I feel that I can relate to some of his high school problems.
  6. Crackerback - by John Coy: Many of my friends have read this book and have all been pretty interested in it, so I figured that I should give it a shot. The book involves my interests "football" and anything that involves football can pretty much catch my attention. I hope this isn't one that I should have read years ago instead of now.
  7. The Forest of Hands and Teeth - by Carrie Ryan: After reading a summary of this book, I have decided that this would be a good one for the bucket list. Maybe its the name that attracts me to this book, or maybe the thought of being in the same shoes as the main character, either way I am definitely going to try out this book.
  8. The Outsiders - by S.E. Hinton: I have Heard so much about this book and even tried to read it in the 9th grade, but I was to hyper to sit down and get into this book. I have recently read a summary of this book and cannot wait to read it, as a matter of fact I think that this will be the next one that I read. I sure hope that ponyboy and Johnny don't disappoint. 
  9. The Book Theif - by Marcus Zusak: This book just gives me the chills when I think about it, I mean in a short summary I read that Death is the narrator. I have heard about this book from a friend and was told that its really easy to get into and if your into books like this, then this one is a walk in the park, like a creepy Halloween type park. 
  10. Looking for Alaska - by John Green: This book is the last one on the list but I have a feeling that it wont be the last one read.


No comments:

Post a Comment